For Every Bios update first you should have to know about the list of changes & bugfixes on support.asus.com. You can Update Asus Bios if and only if any update is needed. If some of the changes that have been made in update solve some of your issues that are creating problems with loud fans. The latest bios corrects the temperature threshold where the fans kick. Then you should might do the asus bios update.
The Asus Bios update is an utility that permits you to save , manage or to update the motherboard Bios in the windows environment.
Guide For Update Bios on Asus Motherboard:-
Its nice to have an spare copy of all the important data & files from your system before you start. Just because a failed Bios update doesn’t damage the data on the hard drive directly and you will be able to use your files & continue start working with them on the another computer system or Laptop without any delay if having the backup data on the removable device.
Same as that creating a backup of your current Bios is also an great idea. Some of time it will done automatically as the part of an update process. But if it requires too update manually then you must skip this step.
- Boot to the Asus Bios. Navigate the menu “tool”, then choose “EZ Flash”.
- Now First Check the recent running Bios version and make a Note.
- Download the latest Bios iteration from the Asus website. Then store this in the USB Device.
- Boot to Bios. Now again navigate it to Tool and then “EZ Flash”.
- Select the option USB Device. Choose the recommended file and press Enter.
- Then you will be prompted for one more time before apply the updates, Review this & then accept.
- Reboot after completion.
- Check the Bios current version again to confirm the update was applied.
- You will need to again apply for the Bios Settings Manually.
The Asus Bios Update Utility gives you the permission for the following things:
- Download the latest update Bios file through the Internet.
- Save the Current available Bios File.
- Update the BIOS file from the updated Asus Bios Fil.
- Update the Asus Bios directly by use of internet
- View or check the Asus Bios version details.
For updating the latest Asus bios update you must need to have Asus Motherboard in the system.
Must follow the below given rules for Safely update the Asus Bios:-
- For the reason of safety, must use the most latest updated version of Bios utility.
- Don’t over clock the CPU or system on the time of Bios update.
- Load “Setup Default” from the bios menu before Update Asus Bios.
- Sure to Confirm that you have administrator privilege in your Windows system.
- Close all the applications running under windows.
- Disable all other existing anti-virus applications in the system.
- Reboot your computer after the update of Asus Bios is completed
- Switch on your PC and again load “Setup Default” in the BIOS.
Warning & Notes need to be considered while updating Asus Bios:-
- Power Disruption or Power Loss by the user may sometime results in Brick the motherboard that means it will as useful as a brick can when it comes to compute anything.
- Don’t disconnect the power at the time while the process is running.
- Don’t perform while having electrical storms.
- When the Bios updating via internet, many motherboards store the updates locally, wipe the previous firmware and then start update . Your board doesn’t do this, but instead need for a constant internet connection. Its suggested to the candidates that they don’t disconnect wire during the updates.
- Flashing Bios wipe all the settings, So its recommended to write down overclocking settings before going through the process.
- The flashing firms brick board because no one consumers exists there means to recover a corrupted firmware chip. To update the firmware first you need to wipe the board, the existing blocks housing the firmware. Then you have to apply the update block by block to the flash device. Power loss during Wipe phase will results in Catastrophic failure-or unrecoverable corruption in the flash memory.
- Dual Bios remove the concern. If Asus Bios update fails due to the bad flash , then a physical switch in the board can be toggled to enabling the backup bios chip.
- Its recommended for most users that they don’t fix that is not broken. To paraphrase on adage. The Asus Bios update is advisable in instance of the new features such as support for new CPUs & unblocking of CPUs) or the fixed features.
What if the update is failed?
In spite of all the precautions and safety measures still the bios update has failed- whether it is due to unexpected incompatibility issues or an unfortunate blackout. Now the important thing is what to do- If still the functions are running then don’t turn off your PC. This will be applicable for both DOS & Windows. Close the flash updating tools & restart the update process again to see if it is working. If you can take a backup of the bios then try to select that file to install it instead of the newer. Some of the motherboard have a backup process of bios, so you will be able to restore the information or data from that.
In case that doesn’t work the trick you want , try to contact the manufacturer of your mainboard. They will probably asks you to send the Bios Chip directly or redirects you to the hardware specialist who can reprogram it to the factory default.
Alternatively it also work checking our whether or not the manufacturer sell the Bios chip directly over on the online shop, more often which is not turns out to be cheaper.